- Tell me moreOne of only 250 that will ever be made. Once it’s sold out, it’s gone forever.Our curators partner with top artists to create stunning limited edition prints that are only available here.
- Tell me moreComes with a Certificate of Authenticity that’s signed and numbered by the artist.The Certificate of Authenticity serves as proof that your art is a bonafide member of its unique limited edition. In other words, keep it in a safe place.
- Tell me moreLive with your art for 30 days and if it doesn’t work, we’ll come pick it up for free, no questions asked.Shipping and returns are safe and simple. Orders arrive within 3 weeks of purchase and we insure your art shipment at no additional cost.
- Tell me moreSkip the trip to the framer. We custom mount and frame any work of art with museum-grade materials.Choose our Classic or Premier frame and your art arrives in a handmade wood frame, available in five colors. To top it off, lightweight acrylic or museum glass protects your piece from damage.
- Tell me moreOur art installers can hang your art perfectly on your wall.Twyla has art handlers around the country who can install your art. Laser level and drill in hand, our experts will hang your piece just the way they would in a gallery. Add installation at checkout if you live in a city we service.
This is one of five new works that Freegums made specifically for the Twyla x i am OTHER collection. With its densely packed zig-zag pattern, the black-and-white background is signature Freegums. Yet, here he has added a new collage element through the layering of strutting and posing figures pulled from fashion magazines; suddenly, his abstract pattern is transformed into an urban landscape that buzzes with the energy of city life and street style personalities.
Los Angeles, CA
Freegums, born Alvaro Ilizarbe, is a Los Angeles-based artist who makes incredibly detailed and playful pattern-based illustrations and collages. Born in Lima, Peru, Freegums moved to Miami when he was eight years old and he took refuge in art while adjusting to his new home and culture. He became interested in graffiti and street art, which was, as he says, “a channel for me to rebel and speak against authority.” Freegums has applied his intuitive and energetic drawing style to collaborations with major brands, producing everything from Nike LeBron sneakers to a custom Toyota car. He has had solo gallery shows in Los Angeles, Toronto, Miami and San Francisco and completed a special installation for Gagosian Gallery, Beverly Hills in 2016.